Sep 5, 2011

Heaven or Hell


'Tis true;

But in heaven and hell,

I live, I breathe, I die

I taste the torments of the fire.

I cry, I cry and weep of sorrow;

Of selfishful regret.

I swim in the sweetness of my false desire,

I write, I write my own ending morrow.

I drink the laments of sweet childhood,

But then I grieve and crave for adulthood!

O! My lonely barren heart,

You are guilty of love,

Of hate,

Of kindness and of harshness.

Awake thou empty vessel,

And dwell not in thou state!

Of heaven or hell I cannot yet choose;

I see my soul half tainted,

half soothed,

half mended,

half bruised...

But of heaven or hell I cannot yet choose,

For in both I dwell,

And neither one can I lose!



Inspired by Dante's Divine Comedy: Purgatorio, Inferno, Paradiso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...